Monday, February 22, 2010

The Bachelor---NOT!!!

Well it's time for me to get on my soap box, so here goes.
My two youngest daughters have been infatuated with this show , which I've never seen, because I am usually sleeping when it's on. But tonight, I received a phone call to sub tomorrow, which woke me from my usual nap. I decide to watch the last five minutes of this drama, which about made me want to throw up. Seriously??
First of all, real people don't look like that. That is, without spending a million dollars to replace everything you were born with.
Let me give you my version of real love, which is what you probably won't find on any television show.
Real love is going with your date to her favorite restaurant, when you'd rather be watching the game. It's doing the dishes and changing the smelly diapers. Making a box of mac and cheese for dinner when your wife is at piano lessons. Letting your wife take a nap and playing checkers with the grandkids. Letting your husband watch the game when you'd rather be out on the town. Letting him pick the movie. Carnations instead of 50 dollar roses, which smell better anyway. A Valentine Date with all the kids along.
I hope that you don't pass up real love girls, when you're looking for the perfect date. Remember, Mr. Perfect doesn't exist.
And happily ever after comes when you struggle throught the challenges together.

6 comments:

The Cartwright Family! said...

your right mom!!!! love ya!

Nikki said...

ditto!

Unknown said...

ha, obviously it is not real love.
but doesn't change my mind, i love the show (: haha.

Susan said...

Cindy: I love your words of wisdom!! You are truly an expert in my opinion on all things pertaining to happy marriages and happy families. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsey said...

Very good lessons on love; made me tear up! My cousin has this posted:
"Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'..........

Amanda Petersen said...

so i just found your blog off lovely april's blog... and LOVE THIS!!

you're so great:) i miss you!!!